Friday, June 5, 2015

And sometimes you make chocolate eggs


Some may call this a "nailed it" moment. I call it delicious! The task was simple. I mean only 3 ingredients what could POSSIBLY go wrong... everything. Everything could go wrong. So first what you have to realize is that I was serious about these pancakes. I went to bed early just to make sure I got the adequate sleep for the pancakes. I watched that video like 5 times. I woke up in the morning and realized we didn't have bananas so did I just shake my head and go back to sleep HELL NO. I drove to the store. Got out of my car and bought the bananas because I knew TODAY was the DAY, NOW was the TIME. So banana and eggs in my hand and a dream of a perfect pancake in my heart I began to mix. It didn't take me too long for me to realize that this pancake dream of mine was not going to come true. So I made the quick choice of creating my own little take on the banana pancake. I added chocolate and started to scramble them. AND BEHOLD the chocolate egg was born.

Sometimes in life things work out just the way you want them to. Sometimes you make the PERFECT pancake, and sometimes you make chocolate eggs. You can plan and prep and get the adequate sleep and still life has a tendency to do it their way and not the way that you want. I've been here only 17 years and that is something I have known for at least a decade. Something I have learned a little more recently though is that you have the power to turn those bad situations into better ones, not perfect but better. You have the power to turn failed banana pancakes that looks like questionable taco meat into chocolate eggs.

And of course sometimes you might wish that you could just have your perfect pancake and call it a day but remember every little trial, every little tear, every little mess up happens for a reason. Maybe that reason is to discover even though chocolate eggs might not look so good they taste sooooooo goooood, or maybe that reason is just so you our more grateful for those times where you do make that perfect pancake. Mistakes, trials, and hard times don't all have to be bad you have the power to make the best out of them.  

  This power is not on automatic mode though, you have to make it happen. It's easy to give up when life gets hard. It's easy to blame others. And it's so easy to not even try in the first place. DON'T! Put yourself out there even if you know that it might not work. Try out for the team. Ask out the girl. Take the interview. Get on the stage. Just go and try. If it doesn't work out chalk it all up to experience. When I die I know I won't look back and say to myself "Wow I really wish I didn't try out for that because when I didn't make it that was awful" what I'll be saying is " I wish I would've...". I really hope I don't have a lot of those statements. What I do hope I have though, is a lot of memories of chocolate eggs.   

1 comment: